NCKU grants to invite overseas experts and scholars to participate in online speech or online collaborative teaching Pilot Scheme
National Cheng Kung University grants to invite overseas experts and scholars to participate in online speech or online collaborative teaching Pilot Scheme
- To promote the exchange of knowledge in international academic and professional fields, National Cheng Kung University encourages international experts and scholars to participate in our online seminar events or online collaborative lectures to enhance the academic energy of the school.
- Execution period of the pilot scheme: From the announcement date to December 31st, 2021.
- Qualifications of Guests:
Experts or scholars invited to participate in video lectures or online collaborative lectures must meet one of the
- Experts and scholars who have been served in the top 100 of the QS Rankings in the past 3 years.
- Experts and scholars who have signed a joint degree program with the NCKU.
- Affiliations of the expert and scholar are contracted with the NCKU for exchange students.
- Experts and scholars have already a long-term cooperative relationship with the NCKU.
- Experts and scholars intend to establish a substantial cooperative relationship in the short term.
※Experts and scholars subsidized by this pilot scheme no include Mainland China scholars.
- 1. Standard of subsidy for Online Speech: Experts and scholars who are invited to participate in video lectures:
- Level 1: Nobel Laureate, national academician, or equivalent qualification.
- Level 2:
- Served as a professor in a famous foreign university, and published in the past five years as an internationally respected person.
- It has a lofty academic status and is internationally renowned.
- Those who have special achievements in applied science, technology, or professional fields, and have worked abroad for many years.
- Professors with special achievements in applied science, technology, or professional fields or experts and scholars with considerable qualifications.
- Level 3:
- Associate professors with special achievements in applied science, technology, or professional fields, or experts and scholars with considerable qualifications.
- Assistant professors or experts and scholars with considerable qualifications with special achievements in applied science, technology, or professional fields.
Hourly fee standard ranges:
Level 1: US$420~560 (Excluding tax)
Level 2: US$300~400 (Excluding tax)
Level 3: US$150~200 (Excluding tax)
※One expert/scholar per seminar.
- 2. Standard of subsidy for hourly fees of Online Collaborative Teaching:
- The Standard of subsidy for hourly fees of online collaborative teaching is USD 80 to 120 per session (50 minutes per session); 90 minutes may be equivalent to two consecutive sessions, and the hourly fee for lectures should be halved for those who are less than a full session.
- Editing of teaching materials for online collaborative teaching: Lectures should be invited by the organizers to write or edit teaching materials, and the teaching materials may be paid within 70% of the hourly fee for the lecture.
- The maximum application hours for online collaborative teaching is limited to three sessions. If there are special needs, the instructor can explain and send it to the International Office for review.
- Subsidy budget and source of funding:
- Inviting experts and scholars to participate in online speech:
A total of 200 experts and scholars will be subsidized to participate in video special lectures by video, and the actual subsidy amount will be adjusted according to the budget limit.
- Inviting experts and scholars to participate in online collaborative teaching
A total of 300 hours (approximately 300 sessions) of online collaborative teaching hours will be subsidized for experts and scholars to participate in the form of video or live stream. The actual subsidy will be adjusted according to the budget.
- The subsidy funds for this pilot scheme shall be covered by the funds of the Headquarters of University Advancement.
- Application Procedures:
- Organizers intend to invite experts and scholars who meet the qualifications of Article 3 to participate in online speech or online collaborative teaching should fill in the application form for funding subsidies five weeks before the start of the activity and the lecture (As in the attached 1), the invitee's resume and related materials shall be attached and sent to the Office of International Affairs for approval before the invitation can be made.
- Deadline of application: 2021/12/31. Please complete the application procedures no later than October 31st.
- During the period of inviting experts and scholars to participate in online speech or online collaborative teaching, please take photos and video records during the activities. Send related records to the Department Office and Office of International Affairs for the record.
- Submission of final report:
The applicants should submit the paper and electronic files of the final report to the Office of International Affairs within one month after the end of the event to evaluate the performance of the event, including:
- The process of inviting experts and scholars to participate in online speech or online collaborative teaching.
- Explain the content of derivative tasks for the participation of experts or scholars.
- The planning schedule for activity derivative performance.
- Review and suggestions.
- Receipts should be attached to the financial statement (please follow the instructions for the foreigners' income on the cashier division's website):
- Application form of National Cheng Kung University grants to invite overseas experts and scholars to participate in online speech or online collaborative teaching Pilot Scheme.
- Comprehensive income receipt (send and print by email after signing by experts and scholars).
- Remittance fee: verify the payment. (The name of the payee in the remittance certificate or bank settlement slip must be the same as the name of the invitee).
- If the expert or scholar does not have a bank account within the territory of the Republic of China, the inviting unit will make the advance or apply for temporary payment.
- The speech of this case should list salary income. If the salary income of the whole month does not exceed 36,000 yuan, please deduct 6% of the tax and remit it to the recipient.
- Please submit the tax withholding amount to the cashier group together with the comprehensive income receipt to pay the tax.
- Before experts and scholars participate in online speech or online collaborative teaching activities, the applicants should provide the activities information to the Office of Academic Affairs, Office of International Affairs, and News Center one month before the event.
- Other unmentioned matters shall be handled in accordance with the relevant regulations of the school.
These regulations were translated from the original Chinese. In the event of discrepancies between the two versions, the Chinese always take precedence.